Sunday, October 13

Revamping!

So in February of this year, my mom who was 57 years old, passed away which followed my dad's passing three month earlier.  It has been a long hard journey needless to say.  With all of the "stuff" I acquired from my parents house, were a bunch of old, forgotten cookbooks and 5 boxes of quilt fabric.  So, with this blog, I am going to make it my cooking and quilting blog.  I feel that this may be the thing I need to express my feelings, frustrations about my parent's passings, and the joys of my new love, quilting.

My mom never taught me how to quilt.  She quilted nonstop.  She hand sewed and hand quilted and loved every minute of it.  I am honored to own her first quilt that she finished.  She made it for me when I graduated high school.  It is a half hex charm quilt that was both sewn and quilted by hand.

I hope that you enjoy my revamped blog.  Feel free to post comments and I look forward to hearing from you, my reader!


No comments:

Post a Comment